Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where Did My Sweet Daughter Go?

Today had to be one of the most trying days so far with Reece! It started off pretty good considering I had to hold her down and pry open her eyes to put her pink eye drops in. (which I had to do 2 more times during the day) We made it to the dry cleaners and then to the grocery store without a bump in the road! Then the day spiraled down hill pretty abruptly. While I was unloading the groceries, I thought Reece was quietly coloring at her kiddie table. Well to my surprise she had colored white all over our hardwood floors and red on the wall. It didn't stop there either. Later in the day while I was trying to prepare dinner she stamped little duckies on the same wall. WOW! Then after her 20 minute nap all Hell broke loose. It was a late nap to begin with and then she couldn't stop coughing. So out of her room she came. Let me tell you..girl needs her sleep and her Mommy needs the hour to decompress and get a few things done! So anyway I took her to the backyard and did bubbles. After that she played in the pool for a bit longer. Then it was time for dinner. That didn't go too bad until she started throwing her fruit on the floor and getting upset that it was on the floor. BTW did I mention that she has boycotted milk all together since being weaned. So I was on a mission to get her to drink some much needed vitamin D. I bought chocolate milk and strawberry milk to see if it would help. Well after sampling all the flavors she was still asking for milk. Well we know where that led! That's right! To my boo boos. After she took a look, she wanted a band aid on her boo boo which was on her knee and healed about 2 weeks ago. She then started saying boo boo and pointing to her knee in the most pitiful way but what really had me doubling over was how she started to walk with a limp. It was like all of a sudden she was really hurt! That girl is quite a character! No acting lessons needed! So if this all sounds like a bunch of gibberish it's because I'm exhausted and had a battle getting Reece to bed! There's got to be another way to wind her down at night because let me tell you a bath, music, and books doesn't work on her! Any other recommendations? Something other than crying it out? If so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment