Thursday, April 8, 2010

Silent Night-I Don't Think So!

I have never seen a child do a plank with such ease and hold it for so long. Right when you think she is going to drop to her knees and do a childs pose she delicately maneuvers into a downward dog. The other ladies in my mat science class would be so impressed. Heck I'm impressed. The next time I'm going to time how long she does it for. Well last night she wanted to practice all her yoga and pilates moves at 1130pm and 230am. Let me tell you how hard it is for me to gently roll her from a plank to her back while trying not to wake her and get her even more overstimulated. The other morning when Chris had to leave at the crack of dawn he took a peek at Reece sleeping and had a little giggle. She had wedged herself up against the side of her bed. Snug as a bug! That's usually when she sleeps the most peaceful is when she is occupying the least amount of space. Did I mention she had pulled herself up the other night and was staring at Chris and me in bed. Hehe. Reece really is a very active little girl. She only took one 3o minute nap yesterday and the day before only two 30 minute naps. That is really not enough time for me to decompress and take on the role of fun mommy for the next how many more hours. Anyone have any ideas on how to make her sleep longer? Did I mention that Reece now loves the door stoppers? She will crawl from one end of the room and then to the other end. Each time with a big BOING. Yesterday it got quiet and I knew she was up to something. She pulled the white tip off the stopper and had it in her mouth sucking on it like a hard piece of candy. Note to self. Pull off all the white ends. They are no longer the hardware to keep our door from slamming against the wall but now a choking hazard for my little baby. Enough rambling on a few hours of sleep and to all a good night!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment