Thursday, July 16, 2009

Holy S--t that was fast!


So after my ride we discovered that it wasn't gas, but contractions. At 11:30 the contractions were 5 minutes apart. So off we went to the hospital. They laughed at us and told us to go home, 0 dilation. She popped some pain pills and sleep aid but nothing doing. We decided to go back around 1:30 a.m. because contractions were increasing big time. Still no dilation, but we did have improvement with the cervix thinning. They gave her some demoral and sent us home and told us it would probably happen tomorrow. After just being home for 15 minutes we decided to go back for the 3rd time. Maria knew something just wasn't right. This time she was dilated at 3.5cm. I blinked and she was at 6cm and then 8cm. She said she was ready to push... yes push. It was perfect timing with the Doc rolling in. Things went really quickly until the baby decided it was still too humid outside. After a ton of pushing with no drugs (platelets too low) and a nifty little vacuum, out came 6lb 6oz. Reece Christine at 7:32 in the morning. If some of this doesn't make much sense, it is because I haven't slept in I don't know how long. Did I mention it was humid here?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I really can't believe she is here and that I guess right! :) We can't wait to meet my niece and see ya'll tomorrow. I'm glad to hear things went pretty well and that Maria and Reece are both doing well.

    Looks like she got some good genes from Mommy and Daddy!

    See you tomorrow!

    Love,

    It's official now...Aunt Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even have time to place my bet! So happy for you both and welcome to baby Reece! (luv the name choice) I was thoroughly entertained by you talking about a mucous plug and a nifty vacuum...lol! btw, i can't believe you have a blog and won't get on Facebook!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your family! I was just telling Maria on Weds that it very well could go quickly, like mine did, and what do you know??!! Her labor sounded like it went quick, like mine! Im so excited for you both and I cannot wait for Madison and I to meet Reece!

    Much love,
    Amanda, Madison and Jim

    P.S. I feel your pain on the humidity and dont blame little Reece for wanting to stay kaput! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of you guys! Welcome to the world of parenthood! It is full of wonderful surprises!!!! We wish you some sleepful nights!!! Hope to talk to you soon! She is beautiful! Welcome Baby Cousin Reece Christine! We love you guys,
    Curt, Lauren, Patrick, Christopher, and Baby AJ

    ReplyDelete