Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Well, there goes the mucous plug!

The beginning of the beginning. Maria wanted me to read all these books, and I wanted to in my mind but not in reality. The little reading I did do, I understand is that every woman goes through something different during labor. That was enough self justification I needed (since I'm not a doctor nor trying to be one) that there was no way I would be prepared for this. Anyhow, I just came back from a bike ride (7:30 pm) in 100 degree heat and 105% humidity just in time to check out what a mucous plug looks like. I won't give any details, very scientific though. She called the doctor on duty, and lets just say I'm glad she is not our Doc. I think she nailed everything that wasn't going on with Maria. She is having what could be called menstrual cramps. What they really are... stay tuned! BTW, did I mention it is humid here? 9:45p.m. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment